What is the Classified Dive Buddy Program?
The SSI Classified Dive Buddy program is intended to provide students with the training necessary to dive with a Classified Diver in environments and to depths equivalent with their training.
- Minimum age: 18 years old.
- Have a Diver Stress and Rescue certification or equivalent
REQUIREMENTS FOR COMPLETION
- Complete the pool/confined water sessions and the skill evaluations outlined in the Classified Diver Instructor Manual.
- Demonstrate the ability to adequately assist a Classified Diver with the following skills based on the diver’s classification level
Upon completion of all academic requirements, in-water requirements, and final exam, a Classified Diver Instructor or higher may issue the Classified Dive Buddy digital recognition card for the appropriate classification level.
Certified Classified Dive Buddies can dive with Classified Divers or part of a team, in environments equivalent to their training and within the recommended depth limits of the Classified Diver.
- Diver certified as Classified Diver Level 1 must dive with at least one (1) Classified Dive Buddy.
- Divers certified as Classified Diver Level 2 must dive with at least two (2) Classified Dive Buddies.
- Divers certified as Classified Diver Level 3 must dive with at least two (2) Classified Dive Buddies and one (1) Classified Diver Instructor.